Saturday, February 4, 2012

The unltimate girls day

An AMAZING day spent with my future daughter-in-law, her bridesmaids and the mother of the bride touring Arden Hills Resort, churches and a bit of bridesmaids dress shopping...the ultimate girls day!

Watching her face light up when her girlfriends and Mother reacted to the venue the way she had hoped, was such a joy.  I know the two of them love this place and wanted us to love it as much as they do; and we did.

As joyous as this occasions is, I cant not think about a very important person that wont be with us in this celebration, my Mother. I think back to my own wedding planning and I was so independent and was adamant that I did not need any help, that I did not include her as much as I wish I would have.  At the time I never considered that it wasn't about me not being capable, it was about including her in the process. I see that now, I get it!

I've long been a "loner" in the sense that I don't depend on others; I guess because I don't want to feel the disappointment.  But this is such a huge contradiction for me, I always see the good in people and if that is true, why would I feel like they are going to disappointment me?  

Letting people in, has always been and continues to be a struggle for me.  I want to let them in but I protect myself so much that I find it so difficult to let the true me out...oh this is getting so tiring I must learn to let the true me out.

Well the true me with arise this year as I discover exactly what that is.  What I do know, is that I must find a balance between enjoying others happiness along side them as well as experiencing it for myself.

Watch out life...her I come.

As always thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. knock, knock, can I come in? How wonderful for you Vickie to be so very present in this moment in your life that will celebrate the Holy Sacrament of marriage for your Son and his wife. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete