Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ready to begin my 2012 bucket list

A ladies meet-up group I belong to is having a brainstorming meeting next month to come up with trip ides; regardless if they are for the day, the weekend or week long trips.  We are all supposed to bring ideas to the table no matter how outrageous or crazy they might be.

One of the ladies in the group is going on an African Safari this summer and on one hand that sounds so amazing for her but on the other hand incredibly intimidating to me. 

After hearing the excitement in her voice about this upcoming trip it got me thinking, if I wanted to take a trip where would I want to go?  For some people I know their list of ideas would run off the page and would be filled with so many ideas their head may explode.  Me, my head is exploding because I have to think of an idea. 

How do you learn to dream when you haven't dreamt in...well forever?  How do you come up with ideas, when you have no idea what you want? Well, the only way I can think of doing this, is to list a few characteristics about myself and see where it take me. Here is where you, my friends, can chime in anytime you feel like it, whether its to tell me you don't see me in the way I see myself or share your trip ideas with me...I'm open!

Here Goes:
  • I am a practical person at my core and I am trying to live a little outside my comfort zone
  • It doesn't take much to entertain me, I enjoy the simple beauty of the world and people
  • I'm frugal in most aspects of my life but have been know to splurge on occasions
  • I'm most comfortable in smaller groups although I can manage larger groups
  • The sound of water is amazing to me
  • I hate, well dislike allot the heat
  • Fall is my favorite time of year.  The clean, cool, crisp air and the fall colors are are amazing
For this year at least, I would like to focus on day or weekend trips because a wedding is in the future and money is being saved and the other reason, this would allow for more frequent shorter trips instead of one large trip.  Creating the habit of travel is going to take practice and I need all the practice I can get.

I've never done or even considered a bucket list before so I guess for this year anyway I will have to start one.  What do you think should be on my 2012 bucket list?

 As always, thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a bunch of ideas with you in mind and it got deleted so I will try again. Galleries, Museums, wine tasting in Napa Valley, all night discotheque, Nations capital, Yosemite, kayaking, Rose garden and have tea. I would love, love, love to go to Positano, Italy mainly because I loved all of the scenes from the movie called Under the Tuscan Sun. How about Rick Steves Europe or watch Eat, Pray, Love. Or maybe travel to your local travel agent and make a short appointment to get to know what options there are. Thats a start. Hersheys factory or track a book signing for your favorite author, follow your families history and visit places from long ago. Whatever you do, wherever you go, buy a postcard to show us and don't forget to post a "I wish you were here!"

    ReplyDelete