Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What should my name be?

In my last post I talked about my shiny new computer and I have been busy trying to learn the in's & out's of my new MAC.  Well, really not ALL the in's & out's just how to move my pictures from one external hard drive that speaks PC language, to another external hard drive that speaks MAC language.  Not that I really know what that means, that's just what was explained to me after many days and weeks of frustration.  I happy to report I am on my way now!

One of the main reasons this has been so frustrating is because, I bought the computer so I could work on my photos on a newer, faster computer.  My previous one was old and slow and frankly I was asking it to do more than it was capable of.  I became so frustrated by this, I stopped working on my photos; the one thing that I loved to do.

On another one of my posts I talked about starting my bucket list for this year and the computer...oh, and the new editing program I just bought ties into the first thing on my bucket list.

Enough of the back story now onto the real reason for the post

Photography have long been a love of mine.  I love the story photographs tell, the moments they capture, the memories they remind us of and the emotions they evoke.  This never became more evident than when my Mother passed away and those family photos took on an entire new meaning.  Photos were all that were left and I held onto them like I held onto her when she was with me.  For me, photographs moved from an in adamant object to becoming real; this is how I coped with the loss.  In many ways those photographs are what saved me and held me up during an incredibly tough time in my life and for that I am eternally grateful.

I know now that photography MUST be in my life, not just be in my life, but be an active part of my life.  I know I have the passion for photography but do I have the skills, ability and discipline to earn a bit of extra money at this? Hmmm not sure what I think about that.

One of the first things I want to do is come up with a name for my photography business...and I use the word business very lightly.  At this point I really just want a name to make it feel like a business.

I had a few ideas and could use your help...what do you think and PLEASE give me your suggestions.

Captured Moments
A Picture is Worth
Memories, Moments and Your Story
VictoriaLinda Photography (that's my name & Moms name)
Love that Shot

My bucket list officially has one item on it

  1. Create my photography business
As always thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. VictoriaLinda - I love it. It's pretty and I see it in script in a logo. The others I like but they seem a little cliched.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete